Rank your preferred project in order of interest
This year we are asking you to rank your five preferred projects in order of interest. This information will then be fed into an optimisation programme which will consider student preference along with ensuring groups are comprised from students of several different departments. We cannot ensure you get your first choice but the optimisation process is intended to both accommodate your interest while also ensuring that groups will have the variety of knowledge and skills necessary to tackle the multidisciplinary projects.
If you don’t make a preference or chose the same project repeatedly then you will be assigned a project.
Extra opportunity this year
For a second year, the Engineering Faculty is collaborating with the Management School to research the effectiveness of providing teams (and individual team members) with feedback on their “conversational contributions” to meetings. The benefits of participating in this research will include:
- tailored feedback on how you communicate as a team member and
- an opportunity to learn and practise team behaviours, which research has found makes for effective team working in companies such as IBM and BP,
- participate in an activity often used in assessment centres for engineering companies and get greater insight into what they are looking for in team behaviour.
Please click here for more information about this project. Also note that teams will be randomly chosen to be part of the study, you can opt-out (indicate on the form when you rank your projects) and if you have specific questions, email either Sam Farley (email@example.com) or Daria Hernandez Ibar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What you need to do to rank your preferred projects:
- Read the projects listed below (note clicking on the title will reveal the project description) and decide on your five preferred projects.
- Ensure you are logged into the University MUSE system (we need you to do this first, as this is how we identify you).
- When you have looked at the projects and know your preferences follow this link to rank your choices and also indicate whether your are happy or want to opt-out of the “conversational contributions” project:
Thank you for ranking your preferred project.
We will now feed the data into an optimisation programme and let you know your project, team and hub details in the week beginning Monday 15th January.
If you have any questions, please email Michael on email@example.com.
- Additive Manufacture of Building
- Biomimetic Domestic Buildings
- Augmented Reality (AR) for Extreme Sports
- Autonomous Road Vehicles for High Speed Motorway Travel
- Commercial electric aircraft
- Nuclear Desalination Plant
- Automated Subaquatic Mineral Extraction
- Remote Healthcare Monitoring
- Deconstruction Robots
- Scavenging Energy from the Sewers
- Sleep Monitoring System for Diabetics
- Making homes “smarter”
- Autonomous/Semi-Autonomous Monitoring of Industrial Plants
- Swarm Robots for Precision Agriculture
- Internet of Things: Smart Rural Roads
- Making Cycling Safer