Rank your preferred project in order of interest
This year we are asking you to rank your five preferred projects in order of interest. This information will then be fed into an optimisation programme which will consider student preference along with ensuring groups are comprised from students of several different departments. We cannot ensure you get your first choice but the optimisation process is intended to both accommodate your interest while also ensuring that groups will have the variety of knowledge and skills necessary to tackle the multidisciplinary projects.
If you don’t make a preference or chose the same project repeatedly then you may be assigned a project.
Extra opportunity this year (2017)
This year, the Engineering Faculty is collaborating with the Psychology Department to research the effectiveness of providing teams (and individual team members) with feedback on their “conversational contributions” to meetings. The benefits of participating in this research will include:
- tailored feedback on how you communicate as a team member and
- participation in an activity which has been used by companies including IBM, Xerox and BP.
Please click here for more information about this project. Also note that teams will be randomly chosen to be part of the study, you can opt-out (indicate on the form when you rank your projects) and if you have specific questions, email either Sam Farley (email@example.com) or Daria Hernandez Ibar (firstname.lastname@example.org).
What you need to do to rank your preferred projects:
- Read the projects listed below (note clicking on the title will reveal the project description) and decide on your five preferred projects.
- Ensure you are logged into the University MUSE system (we need you to do this first, as this is how we identify you).
- When you have looked at the projects and know your preferences follow this link to rank your choices and also indicate whether your are happy or want to opt-out of the “conversational contributions” project:
Thank you for choosing your project
Project choice is now closed. We will work on the optimisation and let you know which project you are doing and which group you are in, in the week beginning 16th January.
If you have any questions, please email Michael on email@example.com.
- Additive Manufacture of Building
- Biomimetic Domestic Buildings
- Disaster Prevention Hose
- Augmented Reality (AR) for Extreme Sports
- Autonomous Road Vehicles for High Speed Motorway Travel
- Commercial electric aircraft
- Nuclear Desalination Plant
- Automated Subaquatic Mineral Extraction
- Remote Healthcare Monitoring
- Deconstruction Robots
- Scavenging Energy from the Sewers
- Sleep Monitoring System for Diabetics
- Making homes “smarter”
- Autonomous/Semi-Autonomous Monitoring of Industrial Plants
- Swarm Robots for Precision Agriculture
- Internet of Things: Smart Rural Roads
- Making Cycling Safer